Blakeney is a small coastal village on the North Norfolk coast and is a very popular choice for holidaymakers looking for a luxury short break or holiday where their dog is welcome to.
Many of the pretty holiday cottages that are available to rent are dog-friendly and most of the pubs in Blakeney also welcome dogs. There is miles and miles of beautiful coastline to explore with your four-legged friend on the coastal path. Most of the cafes and even some of the shops in North Norfolk and in nearby Holt are also very pooch-friendly.
Most of Norfolk beaches including the fabulous beach and pine forrest walks between Wells next the sea and Holkham and also dog friendly.
Here is a roundup of our favourite places to go with the dogs in and around Blakeney. if you would like to add your favourites please do so in comments. I'm sure there are lots of dog-friendly places we are unaware of.
Dog-friendly places to eat or get a coffee in Blakeney itself
- The White Horse Pub-lovely gastropub where they always make the dogs really welcome. Dogs are allowed in the bar area
- The Kings Head-very dog friendly traditional pub
- The Blakeney Hotel-well behaved dogs can even stay here
- The Grey Seal Coffee shop-very dog friendly. Great coffee and chocolate brownies
- Food at the Quay-a selection of vans serving freshly prepared food including breakfast baps, crab sandwiches and teas & coffees. Very popular with dog walkers.
- Blakeney Manor Hotel – dogs allowed in the bar
Gardeners Cottage is probably the most dog-friendly large luxury holiday cottage in Blakeney if not on the whole North Norfolk coast
- Large enclosed garden
- Hard moppable floors throughout
- Throws on the furniture (easily washed )
- Metal stainless steel dog bowls provided in utility room
- Washing machine & tumble drier
- Separate large utility room where dogs can sleep
- Short stroll to quay and lots of great off lead dog walks within 5 min walk of the cottage
- 3 dogs welcome. Will accept more by special arrangement.
Dog-friendly places to eat and drink near Blakeney
- Wells Deli in Holt-always make the dogs really welcome here and usually give them a biscuit. The dogs love it here and the coffee and food is great. This is the place the dogs would always choose in Holt.
- Wiveton Fruit farm Cafe-lovely place & great food but you may have to book as it is very popular, as it is the home of Desmond McCarthy and family from Normal for Norfolk channnel 4 series. Nice and easy to walk to from Blakeney
- Wiveton Bell-lovely gastro pub. Dogs welcome inside or outside.
- Byfords In Holt (not fully dog friendly as the dogs have to sit outside but this is ok in summer if weather is good )
- Kings Head Holt-nice dog friendly pub serving food
- The Anchor Inn at Morston– very good food. good choice after youve been on a seal trip. You can walk along the coastal path to Morston from Blakeney in about 40 minutes.
- The Red Lion at Stiifky-on the coastal path so ideal for a dog walk. lovely food. Dogs allowed in the bar.
- We have to also mention the wonderful dog friendly beach cafe in the beach car park at Wells Next The Sea and The Victoria Pub ( lovely food and very dog friendly ) at Holkham. This is one of our favourite beach walks and you can get refreshments or lunch/dinner at both ends of the walk.